Monday, November 18, 2013

Last update! She's comin home!

Well. This is my last update

Its weird. I just got transfered to Santa Fe, in Bacolod City. Its a BEAUTIFUL area. I'm living in a nice house with two other sisters! And both of them came here with me at the beginning of the mission! So, its been a party;) My new companion is Sister Foote. Shes fantastic. Shes my first, blond hair blue eyed American companion so its insane how much attention we get ahahaha. But its fun. WE've been teaching a ton. Yeah what does the word "trunky" even mean?! I dont know! But i'm sprinting to the finish:) I guess it sill hasnt hit me. I'll be pinching myself a lot this next week. 

We have some awesome people lined up for baptism. The ward is AMAZING. So we have a ton of appointments because people usually invite the missionaries over. No one knows when im actually going home. I've been trying so hard to be as vague as possible. I guess its a good thing i got transfered. I wont die when i leave the area. I'll just cry when i leave the island. 

WE have new missionaries this week from the Tacloban mission. They are now officially Bacolod missionaries. I hope they adjust well here. WE have the best mission and the BEST mission president in the Universe. I dont know why Bacolod was spared, but we're here. The people i taught my whole mission and learned to love, are still alive. They still have thier homes and their families. We're still working hard. Yolanda took one of our proselyting days, but she took a lot more than that from others.

Its so weird seeing how much i've really learned in the past year and a half. I really HAVE been learning stuff this whole time! Hahaa, i've become very sarcastic. We have been spending most of our companion study sharing and talking about the scriptures. Its so cool how much we're both able to learn from each other. 

This is my last update. The mission is wonderful. If you want to go, you should. I dont think anyone reading this is missionary age or interested but, COME JOIN US! I'll be a regular member missionary soon. I cant wait to have thanksgiving dinner. I'll probably get so fat.

There are so many people to pray about. The new Bacolod missionaries, the people of Samar, Leyte, Bohol. And a trillion more things. 
This has been the hardest and most difficult thing i've ever done. And i'll never trade it. For a trillion dollar? Nope i wouldnt. I know i'll see the blessings of this for the rest of my life. But most importantly, I've grown closer to my Savior. NOthing else in the world would give me that blessing. I love you all. And i'll see most of you next week. 

Love you all dear family and friends

Sister Martinez

No comments:

Post a Comment