Sunday, November 18, 2012

This week, in the Philippines,

So my week started out well. Nothing special, just another week in the mission.

Until we had an EARTHQUAKE! It wasnt very strong but it was pretty funny. We were teaching a LA and I just start feeling dizzy and see things moving. The first thing I thought was OUT! So I ran outside. It only lasted a few seconds and I look inside the house and everyone is looking at me and asking me why I was leaving. ahaha. Apparently, theyre used to earthquakes here so it wasnt a big deal, but for ME, I'm pretty sure that was my first time. BUt anyway. It was pretty funnny.

I hit my SIX MONTH mark! Yay! I cant believe how fast the mission really is. My favorite thing about the mission is teaching an investigator for the first time. They dont know anything about the gospel or about the church and its just cool sharing with them. My least favorite thing so far is having to kill spiders. Ehhh:(( I hate spiders!

We had a crazy encounter with a less active this week. We shared about the Book of Mormon and she went off and told us it wasnt the word of God because she had a vision and saw God and he told her she had to teach the people like us missionaries. Hmmm, crazy lady. She teaches people around her house about her vision and how she talks to God all the time.

I cant believe its almost Christmas! Its sooo hot, it doesnt feel like November. I am going to buy decorations so it'll feel more like Christmas. The closest it gets to getting cold here is when it rains, sometimes it gets a little cooler.

Also, we found a Part member family. Sister Heidi is 7 months pregnant, has 2 little girls, is going to school full-time and sells dish washing soap house to house on her spare time to pay her school debts. Shes soo great! Our goal for her and her husband, of course, is the temple. Theyre so humble, they have just been waiting for the invitation to return to church! Yay! Its been super busy. I'm really grateful for all the work.


I love my mission! I miss and love you all:)))

No comments:

Post a Comment